Dynamount-Products are robotic microphone mounts that are remote-controlled via a free app. The X1-R is the top-of-the-line model featuring dual-axes of movement as well as rotation capabilities. Control wirelessly from your iOS and Android devices or from your Windows/OSX computer using the Chrome app. The device can be controlled via WLAN (Wi-Fi) or USB.
The app enables you to store up to 6 different mic positions as recallable presets for each DynaMount that can be precisely returned to on command. You are also able to switch back and forth between controlling an infinite number of devices.
Since the X1-R is composed largely of high quality anodized aluminum, it is lightweight (1.9kg) but very robust, and with only 36.2cm x 36.2cm x 13.3cm (L x B x H) compact enough for a wide variety of uses. It is even possible to mount it vertically or upside-down (e.g. drum overheads).
An optional Accessory Pack includes a clutch for mounting the X1-R vertically, an approx. 0.5m right-angled XLR adaptor cable (angled (w) to straight plug), a ⅝” jam nut, and a ⅝” thread extender. The latter and the right-angled XLR adapter help with mics that have the outlet at the bottom (e.g. AKG C414 and Neumann U87).
- Robotic microphone mount
- Two Axes of movement plus rotation
- Remote-controlled via WLAN using the free iOS, Android, and Chrome apps (Windows/OSX)
- Also controllable via USB from laptop and desktop computers
- Store up to 6 positions per device as recallable presets for easy and precise A/B comparisons
- Control an infinite number of Dynamount devices with a single instance of the app
- Can be used horizontally, upside-down, or vertically with optional clutch
- Works with most microphones and microphone stands, though heavier and robust stands are recommended
- An optional Accessory Pack includes: a clutch for mounting the X1-R vertically, an approx. 0.5m right-angled XLR adaptor cable (angled (w) to straight plug), a ⅝” jam nut, and a ⅝” thread extender
- Scope of delivery: external power adaptor, ⅝ to ⅜ thread adaptors (both ways), and reusable zip tie
- To complete the initial setup an internet connection is required; later it is optional yet recommended
- Control Methods: Wi-Fi, USB
- Dimensions: 36.2cm x 36.2cm x 13.3cm (L x W x H)
- Weight: 1.9kg (without power supply)
- Range of Motion (Axis-1): 14cm
- Range of Motion (Axis-2): 16cm
- Range of Motion (Rotation): 360°
- Axial Nudge Increment (Axis-1): ~1.4mm
- Axial Nudge Increment (Axis-2): ~1.6mm
- Rotation Nudge Increment: 1°
- Mounting Method: 5/8″-27 threads
- Max Microphone Weight (horizontal/level use)*: 2.2kg
- Max Microphone Weight (inclined/vertical/upside-down use)*: 0.9kg
- Power Adapter: DC 12V, 2.5A ; center pin positive (+)
- Power Adapter Cable Length: 2.5m
* Maximum microphone weights also include the weight of any used mic clamp. Should this combo be taller than 20cm, the maximum allowed weight will be reduced due to lever action. You can see it in action here: